When it comes time to get ready for a weekend camping trip, I make a list of all the meals we need and start preparing food for our trip. This task usually goes pretty quickly as we always have the same basic meals.
For the last ten years, we had a pop-up camper with a very limited kitchen. I used an electric skillet and the best camping grill to cook all our meals. Meals had to be simple to put together, contain just a few ingredients, and be high in protein so that we had plenty of energy for hiking and biking.
A Sample Menu for our family of 5:
- Bacon or sausage
- Cinnamon Rolls
Part of the joy of camping is living out in nature and the simplicity that brings. Meals are all enjoyed outside at our campsite picnic table. It does take more time to fix a hot meal but while we enjoy our coffee in the morning, we are also smelling the cinnamon rolls in the electric skillet. Breakfast is when we plan out our day’s adventures, think through what we need to pack for the day, plan our lunch food if we aren’t going to be at the campsite, and enjoy the early morning.
- Cold ham & cheese sandwiches
Dinner Made Easy by the Best Camping Grill
- Brats & Hotdogs
- Grilled Chicken
- Baked Beans
- Corn on the cob
By the time dinner comes around, I am usually spent for the day. Adventuring out in nature zaps my energy and by evening I am ready to put my feet up and relax. However, my family is hungry and ready for a satisfying meal so I better have a plan or I will soon find myself with a hangry bunch.
Thankfully, my favorite Weber grill makes dinner easy. I just start it up and grab out the meat and seasonings that are needed and hand it over to my husband who is happy to tend to dinner. Grilling out for dinner ensures a tasty dinner that everyone will enjoy and a quick & easy clean-up.
Best Camping Grill
50060001 Q1000 Liquid Propane Grill, Chrome
- One stainless steel burner produces 8500 BTU-per-hour to heat 189 square-inch total cooking area
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and cast aluminum lid and body
- Fully assembled out of the box. Dimensions - lid closed (inches): 14.5H x 27W x 16.5D inches
- Push-button ignition and infinite control burner valve settings. Fuel type - Liquid Petroleum Gas (disposable cartridge sold separately)
This is our second Weber Q1000 grill. We take it everywhere. Not only is the Weber Q1000 the best camping grill it is so portable that we load it up and take it to the beach, tailgate parties, or state parks for a picnic. We purchase small propane tanks that are easy to pack and contain plenty of propane.
The size is big enough to grill up the meat portion of our dinner in no time at all. I use an electric skillet to cook up a side dish, cut up some fresh fruit and veggies, and dinner is served.
Having the right cooking essentials makes preparing meals a delight instead of a chore. Grilling for dinner is hands down the best way for our family to relax and unwind for the day. After dinner, everyone looks forward to sitting around the campfire and toasting up some marshmallows.
- Elite Gourmet Electric Skillet$44.99
EG6201 PFOA-Free 12"x12"x3.2" Scratch Resistant Dishwasher Safe, Easy to Clean, Non-stick Electric Skillet with Tempered Glass Vented Lid, Trigger Release Probe, 12” x 12" x 3.15", BlackWe earn a commission if you click this link and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.12/09/2022 10:44 am GMT
- We earn a commission if you click this link and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
- Our PickGold Armour Camp Kitchen Utensil Organizer$23.99
Travel Set Portable BBQ Camping Cookware Stainless Steel Utensils Travel Kit Outdoor Equipment Cutting Board Tongs Scissors Knife Ladle SpatulaIf you click this link and make a purchase, we earn a commission at no additional cost to you.12/09/2022 07:24 am GMT
- YETI Camino Carryall 35, All-Purpose Utility, Boat and Beach Tote Bag, Durable, Waterproof, Navy$221.00We earn a commission if you click this link and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.12/09/2022 09:43 am GMT